The CANVAS Platform's newest release version is 7.x-2.13.
- Feature Freeze date: December 2016.
- Site Upgrade period: January, 2017 - April, 2017.
Below, you can find a listing of all the newest functionality included with this platform release version.
When multi-regional brand sites share duplicate or similar content, it is difficult for search engines to determine which version of the content URL to show users in local search results. Geotagging improves Search Engine Optimization (SEO) for regional brand sites by tagging different language and region versions of content to ensure that the correct regional URL is served to the user in local region search results.
The business benefits of geotagging for regional brand sites include:
Increased Traffic - Users find the intended local market site
- Improved User Experience & Increased Conversions - Users less likely to bounce, more likely to return
- Reduced Cost - Improved organic search makes paid search more effective
Learn how automated geotagging works in the video below:
Content Hub (Pilot Release)
Content Hub is a new method for brands to share content between sites on CANVAS. With Content Hub, sites can clone and share article, campaign, and landing pages created with CANVAS' Page Builder tool. Sites can modify, translate, and localize imported content for their own use. All of this can be done seamlessly within the brand sites on CANVAS, without the need for a Site Builder or technical resource. There are many business benefits of Content Hub, including:
- Reduced Cost - Costs to create global content on clones, as well as across brands, are greatly reduced. Markets that could not otherwise afford site builder resources to create campaigns and complex layouts will be able to clone and customize content
Increased Speed to Market - Ability to clone content in real time
Increased Conversions - Easier to leverage high performing content
Competitive Designs - Easier to leverage beautiful page layouts & designs between brands
Enabling IMC - Global content can be rolled out more quickly across sites
Where to Buy 2.0
The latest release of Where to Buy (WTB) 2.0 features several usability enhancements and upgrades, particularly for the mobile experience. This iteration includes the Find in Store feature powered by Channel Advisor, offering many benefits over the IRI version, including an improved user experience which enables easier conversions. Moving to ChannelAdvisor for the physical retailers also offers a vastly simplified management experience for site builders and support teams. The enablement and activation process for WTB 2.0 has been further simplified and enhanced, allowing for 1-click enabling of the Where to Buy app. This allows you to make use of a fully-fledged preview experience so you can test all changes before activating Buy Online and Find in Store as live features on your site.
Ratings & Reviews 2.0 - Conversations
The first phase of the RnR 2.0 plan allows CANVAS sites to integrate with Conversations-based BV accounts. Unlike the 1.x "hybrid" approach, however, RnR 2.0 will ONLY support BV-hosted experiences. As such, this phase offers benefits to local-market sites that already have built-out BV-hosted Conversations experiences – i.e.,local-marketbrandsthataremovingontoCANVAS and that already had RnR-2.0-compatible experiences in their legacy CMS.
This release includes:
- Ability to integrate CANVAS site with a BV-hosted Conversations BV account
- CANVAS App to transition site from RnR 1.x to RnR 2.0 approach
- New Conversations blocks to re-implement all existing RnR functionality across site using new approach
- Auto-disabling of legacy PRR (1.x) blocks
- Auto-enabling of Conversations (2.x) blocks in proper places
- Enabling of BV PHP SEO SDK to maintain proper SEO markup with hosted experiences
Earlier in 2016, L1 identified a number of critical accessibility gaps that threatened CANVAS sites' compliance with Canadian AODA laws (which mandate adherence to WCAG 2.0 Level AAstds). The CANVAS team has been focused on those gaps that can be addressed centrally via technical enhancements to the platform itself. The 1.1 release represents fixes to the remainder of platform-level fixes found by L1, as well as some further fixes to gaps identified by our QA team.
This release includes:
- Improvements to interacting with desktop and mobile nav menus using keyboard and screenreader
- Improvements to interacting with various accordion implementations using keyboard and screenreader
HCP Sampling provides Professional Brands the ability to accommodate targeted healthcare practitioners,educatorsandstudentswithProduct Samples. Sampling is driven by successful HCP Registration and real-time Validation of the registrant to ensure an active professional license, and, thus, eligibility for your brand's samples. HCP Registrants' license validation is checked against specialty/designation, license number and license issuing state/country to determine eligibility.
Within the HCP App, under HCP Sampling Settings page you can customize a number of settings determining how sample products are handled on your brand's site. These settings include:
- Auto-Sampling: HCPs can automatically receive product Samples upon initial site Registration and/or based on specific brand Sampling cycles.
- Selection-Based Sampling: HCPs can actively engage with a Sample Listing Page, and in traditional e-commerce/cart form, select desired Samples they want to receive from your brand, based on frequency restrictions you set within the HCP App.
- Sample Listing Page: Authentication Gating
- Fulfillment Service Integration
- Order Confirmation Email Templates
- Error Messaging/Handling
HCP Navigation provides Brands the ability to build hybrid Consumer & Professional experiences within their site. Allowing Professional brands to leverage existing Consumer Content and also benefit from Consumer traffic. Navigation allows Admins to link visitors from the Consumer section of the site to the HCP section.Admin'scanconfigurethis via one of two navigation options:
- A MainMenu item.
- A Utility Menu item.
This is configurable, but by default, navigation between the sections is set to the Global Main Menu. On both the Consumer and Professional sides, the menu item linking to the opposite side is the last item in the menu; this can be customized within the HCP App under HCP Navigation Settings. The Professional side of your web-site has it’s own Main Menu block, which gives a professional user an acquaintance in the basic site navigation experience. While switching to the Professional side the Mainmenuitemscanchangeinrespecttothepagecontent. Please note that you are also able to change the Main Site Logo to a distinct Professional Brand Logo.