CANVAS has two video player options for displaying videos on your site. The Brightcove player allows brands to upload, embed, and manage videos via the Brightcove Video service. The YouTube player is used to embed existing video from your YouTube channel. Either video player can exist on its own dedicated Video Detail Page or can be embedded on Product Detail and Article Detail pages.
The Video Detail Page is used to discretely house a video and any supporting content to that video on your site. Housing each video on your site on its own Video Detail Page in addition to embedding the video player throughout your site content helps to drive additional video views for related videos on your site, as well as create additional content pages that can provide SEO benefits. Each video on a video detail page can be assigned to a larger collection, or stand alone and be part of the overall rich media gallery for the site.
When To Use This Page Or Component
The Video Detail page should be used whenever you have a video file on your site. A Video Player should be used to play video files that you want users to watch on your website.
Video Detail Page Default Template Components
The following components are default, fixed elements within the Video Detail Page template.
- Breadcrumb - A series of clickable links that display the navigational path to the current page.
- Video Player - An embedded Brightcove or YouTube video player
- Social Share (Where Applicable) - The ability for users to share content with their friends and followers on supported social networks
- Media Collection Teasers (Where Applicable) - For videos that are part of a collection, teasers are auto generated and displayed for other rich media that is part of that collection
- The following components are also available by default within the Video Detail Page template.
- Video Description - Area used for description of the video on the page.
Additional Optional Template Components for the Video Detail Page
- Related Content Component - Display related content teasers
- Approved Tout Combination - Use any approved combination of touts that adds up to 100% of the content area
- Embedded Poll - A poll can be placed anywhere a tout can be placed
Video Player Default Component Elements
Typical video player elements include:
- Play or Pause Button - To play or pause video
- Elapsed Time - To show time elapsed in the played recording (default time at 00:00)
- Progress Bar - To change the position within the video while playing or pausing
- Volume Icon - To mute or enable audio sound
- Volume Level Bar - To adjust volume while playing or pausing (default volume at 50%)
These helpful diagrams highlight key components across the three Canvas viewports. Components are either required or optional; some can be adjusted, while others must remain as-is.